HEALTH - BALANCE - SELF-MASTERY
TAI CHI CHUAN
PRIVATE CLASS.ES $ 135.00
I Ching Readings $25.00 - $ 150..00
Tai Chi is an internal system of movements and positions dating back to the 12th Century in China. Originally developed as a martial art, today Tai Chi is popular as a form of moving meditation and exercise to develop both body and mind.
When practiced regularly, Tai Chi produces many benefits - including the following:
Improves balance, posture and stamina
- Increases vitality, flexibility and internal/external awareness
- Stimulates the flow and function of life force energy (chi)
- Cultivates a clear and powerful mind
- Releases tension and increases relaxation response
- Reduces stress and pain
- Heals and helps to prevent injuries
- Builds fluidity, grace and internal power
- Restores and strengthens connection to nature
- Reclaims health, peace and joy in life.
As exercise Tai Chi builds the mind/body connection with a focus on relaxation, balance, joint health, correct alignment and smart body mechanics through slow, flowing movements and coordinated breathing.
As a meditation Tai Chi focuses on fully experiencing and influencing the body's energy flow through movement or in stillness. This energy work is called qigong.
As a martial art the Tai Chi artist stays in contact with the opponent, turning into his or her movements to disrupt attacks with an elegant economy of motion.
As a life philosophy Tai Chi is rooted in Taoism and the concept of yin/yang. The goal is to live in harmony with nature, to function optimally as a human being - emotionally and psychologically; to be aware of natural energy and to utilize that energy to reach a high level of physical and spiritual well-being.